Monday, April 27, 2009

Preview of 5/1/09's Show

Rarely have I walked away from the studio feeling so good about a show, but I've gotta say...this week's show could possibly be one of the best, if not the best, episode of theFRANCHISE Radio thus far.

For the first time ever, I had a full house for an interesting roundtable session that definitely resulted in more talking than I've done on the show in a while. In fact, I'm almost hesitant to leave material on the cutting room floor, just because of how good the vibe was. Even in-between segments, we kept talking and we made the recording session go A LOT LONGER than intended.

This (through my ever-present co-host, DJ Heartbreaker, of course) gave me the idea of possibly investing in a camera to capture these recording sessions on video for your viewing pleasure. I swear, we could've made an entire YouTube SERIES out of just the behind-the-scenes stuff. Lots of laughs and lots of deep discussion. Plus, realistically, our segment on hip-hop definitely could've gone for a lot longer than 10 minutes -- and actually did, because we continued talking even after I shut the mics off to get the next segment prepped.

This could definitely be a regular thing, and you've definitely gotta tune in this week as myself & H-Beezy play host to special guests Gooz (one of WVUD's many in-house talents and resident rapper) and Khalid Bilal (representing UD's Black Student Union and Khulamani Theater Troupe). Things got real interesting when H-Beezy showed up late and it went from a three-man circus to a four-man show.

And, as always, this week's playlist is CRAZY. I've got a brand-new album cut (always exclusive for Blue Hen Nation, of course!) from Ciara's upcoming new album "Fantasy Ride" WEEKS before it hits stores, as well as a couple of surprises along the way.

Trust me, even though this week's show has more talking, it's easily one of the best shows I've ever done. But, you be the judge when you tune in to theFRANCHISE Radio, this Friday night @ 11PM, only on 91.3FM WVUD-Newark, or WVUD.org!

No comments:

Post a Comment