Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Show Updates

Alright, folks, it's been a minute since I've updated this thing properly, so I apologize, first and foremost. Classes have been hectic, but I'm head above water, so it's all good.

If you've been keeping up with the broadcasts, I haven't been plugging the blog as much as I used to, for this very reason. But, when I go back to doing live shows, I'm hoping to be as consistent as I used to be with my updates.

Currently, I'm exploring podcasting options (minus the music, for copyright reasons), and I'm looking to maybe do an internet version of my show, but more talk-oriented than music-oriented. Maybe a return to the Sportscage or Sports Roundtable? We'll see.

As for playlists, I have them written, but I don't have the time to put together a proper streaming playlist nor post them here (yet, I have the time to write this entry...ironic, huh?). So, bear with me, and I'll eventually get the online side of things caught up.

For right now, here's a few announcements to get you through:

- Thursday, 4/23: Joe Flacco @ National 5 & 10 on Main Street, Newark, DE. Not sure if it's a signing or just a promotional appearance, but either way, the former Delaware QB returns to his old stomping grounds so you know it's a must for Ravens fans (and UD football fans) to show up! I personally may not be there due to scheduling conflicts, but if I do, look out for me in the purple customized #1 Ravens jersey! (The one with the ridiculously long last name...)

- Also on Thursday, 4/23: The University of Delaware's Black Student Union is holding a Spirit of Hip-Hop Day, all day @ the Trabant Patio. This event is a part of BSU Week (which, coincidentally, coincides with Greek Week on-campus), and there'll be plenty of activities and things to do with great music, so stop by! I'll probably make an appearance there as well, so be sure to say what's up!

- Friday, 4/24: Meet the Media Day @ the Trabant Patio, 11AM-4PM! Be sure to stop by and meet all of the media groups on-campus and get to know us better! Organizations such as STN, aUDio, UDress, and of course WVUD will be on-hand with lots of free stuff and activities! Be sure to stop by the WVUD table where we'll have a remote DJ booth and you can be on-air (sorta) with yours truly, theFRANCHISE, and all of our great on-air talent!

- Thursday, 4/30: Young Jeezy featuring special guest Drake @ the Bob Carpenter Center! Tickets are still on sale ($25 for UD students with ID, limit 4 per ID; $30 general admission), but quantities are limited! Doors open @ 7pm, show starts at 8! Be on the lookout for a possible intervew with Jeezy to air after the concert exclusively on WVUD! This event is presented by the Cultural Programming Advisory Board (CPAB). Yours truly will NOT be at the concert due to scheduling conflicts, but if I could've gone, best believe I would've brought you, Blue Hen Nation, the exclusive interview with Young Jeezy to theFRANCHISE Radio the following night.

And as always, for the finest in hip-hop and R&B and everything else in-between; making it do what it do for the 302 every Friday night, and always starting your weekend off right, giving you what you want, what you need, and what you gotta have, please believe -- it's theFRANCHISE Radio, only on 91.3FM, WVUD-Newark, the Voice of the University of Delaware!

Be sure to tune into this week's show, Friday @ 11PM!

No comments:

Post a Comment