Saturday, April 25, 2009

Updating on Draft Day '09

Today is, of course, the start of the 2009 NFL Draft and the beginning of a (hopefully) long journey for the future of the NFL.

But before I get into that, a little bit of business first:

1) For the astute listeners out there, last night's episode of theFRANCHISE Radio was a rebroadcast of the previous week's show -- hence why a playlist hasn't been posted. Plus, to be perfectly honest, I felt that it was a throwaway show to begin with since it was mostly a platform to promote this coming week's Young Jeezy concert @ UD. A possible shake-up of the show may be coming soon, so look out for that...

2) Meet the Media Day 2009 was a decent success. Not as overwhelmingly great as I thought it'd be, but we got rid of a lot of pamphlets (always a good sign), and we had a decent amount of visitors to the table. I was waiting for one visitor in particular...but that's a different story for a different day. And we won't discuss that here. :)

3) theFRANCHISE Radio will, of course, continue this summer even after the school year is over -- and I will most likely broadcast live for the first time since Winter session! There's also the outside chance of two or three shows per week, but that all depends on logistics and my own availability, so we'll see...

4) Yours truly was interviewed by UD's own television station, STN49, on Media Day so look out for that soon (as well as a cheap plug for my show). Also, look out for the quickie bumper promo I recorded for STN's Mics & Lights as well. Nothing too fancy (just read off a cue card), but in retrospect, I should've at least added my own personal touch to it. Oh well. STN might be getting a little bit more of theFRANCHISE before my time at UD is done!

And now, getting back to the draft (which is just now getting under way), here's my list of guys I wouldn't mind picking up in the 1st round:

1) Darrius Heyward-Bey
2) Jeremy Maclin
3) Knowshon Moreno
4) Rey Maualuga
5) Vontae Davis
6) Malcolm Jenkins
7) Tyson Jackson
8) Michael Oher
9) Aaron Curry
10) Jason Smith

Note that the list doesn't indicate skill level, and is only representative of the players I'd personally love to take with the 26th overall pick. That's the only reason why Curry and Smith round out my top ten; they likely won't be there at the 26th spot, but if they were, I'd definitely jump on either one of them.

I've recently started Twittering, too, so look for me on Twitter, as well...

No comments:

Post a Comment