Friday, April 25, 2008

QB's Get PS3 Love?



Not sure how I missed this one, but shortly before Brett Favre was revealed as the Madden cover athlete (see last post), Boston College QB and soon-to-be-1st-round pick Matt Ryan was announced as the coverboy for the PS3 version of NCAA Football 09.

If you didn't already know, EA Sports is releasing NCAA Football 09 with multiple cover athletes this year, one for each major platform (PS3, XBOX 360, Wii, PS2, and PSP). That's a whopping FIVE athletes they've inked, which should be of no consequence since the gameplay will likely be similar across platforms (save for the Nintendo Wii version, for obvious reasons).

Frankly, I'm pissed that the version I'm planning to pre-order will have a QB I don't even want on the Ravens. I'm ecstatic that Brett Favre gets the nod for Madden 09, but Matt-freaking-Ryan for NCAA 09?

If Ryan becomes a Raven and SUCCEEDS, then I guess I'll have no complaints. But, my gut feeling is that Ryan's pro career will be decent but not spectacular. But more on that this weekend when I do my half-assed draft coverage...

No comments:

Post a Comment