Saturday, April 19, 2008

Video - QB Steve McNair retires



I know that he was a Baltimore Raven for only two seasons, but I'll miss watching Steve McNair on Sundays, period. He was a true warrior, and it's sad that he had to end his career on such a low note, having had such a horrible season last year.

I only wish that he could've finally gotten his Super Bowl ring when he joined the Ravens in 2006. That miraculous 13-3 season was one of many personal highlights for myself that year, and watching Steve McNair experience a career resurgence (of sorts) was one of my many reasons to smile.

I still haven't come to grips with his retirement, as it doesn't seem right that the final game of his career was a 20-7 loss to the Cincinnati Bengals, where he was pulled from the game after committing a number of turnovers that cost the team.

I'll look back fondly on Steve McNair's career and I only wish that more players in this league had his toughness, determination, and class.

Thanks for the memories, Steve...

No comments:

Post a Comment