Saturday, April 19, 2008

PlayStation 3 = WHOA


So, this thing has pretty much dominated my life for the past week or so. This "thing" I'm referring to is, of course, the Sony PlayStation 3, a/k/a the single greatest piece of technology out right now that's powerful enough to bring nerds and casual gamers to their knees.

OK, so it might not be as powerful as the most advanced computer available. It might not be as simple and intuitive to use as the Nintendo Wii. It probably won't impress hardcore Xbox 360 users. But, I LOVE IT.

Blu-ray player, DVD player, CD player, two USB drives, 40GB HDD, wireless internet capability, quiet fan, wireless controller, PS1 backwards-compatibility, free online play on the PlayStation Network, exclusive FULL game downloads from the PlayStation Store (including a couple of high-profile titles the night before they hit stores, such as Gran Turismo 5: Prologue!), HDMI-capable output...do I need to go on?

If it weren't for the fact that I'm already Asian, I'd say this thing's definitely brought out the Asian in me...

Oh, oh, oh, wait, I forgot to mention the games coming out for it!

In addition to the just-released Gran Turismo 5: Prologue, there's Grand Theft Auto IV; Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriot; NCAA Football 09; Madden NFL 09; Tekken 6; Street Fighter IV; WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2009; Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (yes, it's real!); Alpha Protocol; Soulcalibur IV; Saints Row 2; Midnight Club: Los Angeles; SOCOM: Confrontation; Final Fantasy XIII; Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix; WipEout HD; and soooo much more!

*gasps for air*

OK, y'all can go back to doing what y'all were doing now. I'M gonna go play my PS3. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment